MEET YOUR NEW FAMILY DOCTOR.
Naturopathic Medicine Now Available at TWIST
WHO UNDERSTANDS THE SCIENCE OF AN INTEGRATED HUMAN SYSTEM TO TRACE SYMPTOMS BACK TO THEIR ROOT CAUSE, SO YOU CAN RESTORE HEALTH FROM THE INSIDE OUT AND FEEL YOUR VERY BEST
Imagine feeling like yourself again!
Your optimal weight. More energy. Mental clarity. Better mood. Passionate. Strong.
And a robust immune system to avoid time on the sidelines.
We put the scientific expertise of Naturopathic Doctors behind our healthy elite athletes and motivated clients who most value an active lifestyle, to optimize their cellular landscape from which they can stay healthy and elevate performance. At other times, we turn to ND’s when we are in trouble. The cumulative effects of our polluted toxic chemicalized world is 4/5’s of NA incurring a major illness like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, obesity or depression.
Whether your difficulty is life threatening, lifestyle limiting or simply low energy or poor digestion, you deserve more than a quick 10 minute appointment that often sends you on your way with a drug prescription to simply masks symptoms.
Naturopathic doctors take up to an hour per appointment to really get to know you. They study the same scientific curriculum as western doctors, but with the addition of natural medicine for the goal of restoring and sustaining health. I very much respect western doctors and they can be equally caring – however the system they work within is extremely limiting. That government system requires medicine to look at ill health in isolation, defining symptoms that get masked with prescription drugs. Your amazing body is much more complex than that – it is an integrated interdependent system.
Imagine a row of dominos…
push one over and they all fall in sequence. Western medicine tends to look only at the last domino in the chain. But what actually precipitated the fall? And what other dominos need to be set back upright? Unless your doctor addresses all the fallen dominos in the chain of events inside your body, optimal health will never be achieved and you will only repeat the exact same cycle. That is why so many people are hooked on pharmaceutical drugs and with no one teaching them how to become more healthful. That is all part of the sickness economy.
We at TWIST Performance + Wellness are a part of the true health economy. Doctor is a latin derived word meaning to teach. Doctors are meant to teach us how to restore and sustain optimal health. Naturopathic doctors may elect to use the same drugs to elevate your immediate discomfort of acute symptoms, but also take the time to assess your integrated human system so the root cause can be traced and healed. They work in conjunction with our functional exercise specialists and holistic nutrition experts to collaborate for you on a full service integrated solution.
Naturopathic Medicine is the medicine that treats the underlying cause of disease; it is the art and science of supporting the natural healing processes of the patient through the removal of any obstacles to these processes. Treating you like a whole person, it addresses the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of physical, mental and emotional conditions; and with the promotion of well-being using therapeutics that support or enhance a patients overall health.
TWIST Naturopathic Doctors avail the best of western and eastern medicine to:
- Help clients overcome fatigue, stress, anxiety, disease, burnout and over training
- Re-build & renew clients from injury, disuse, disease, aging & self-abuse
- Improve brain health related to performance, productivity and aging.
- Take you and your family from pain to pleasure – restoring energy, health, physical comfort, focus, concentration, mental agility, memory, creativity, mood, passion, digestion, optimal weight, youthfulness and physical function
- Preventative medicine to build resiliency for stronger health long-term
- Injections such as B12 shots and Vitamin C IVs (intravenous therapy)
- A wide range of varied specialized care – from youth depression to anti aging, hormone profiling to hangover IVs, stomach discomfort to stage 4 cancer. Whatever your age whatever your stage of health and fitness, the ND meets you exactly where you are at.
- Provide solutions to fix the root cause and create a stable balanced body.
- Teach and coach are clients to learn how to manage their health for sustainable performance
- The tool box of Naturopathic Doctors includes
- Preventative medicine
- Nutritional medicine
- Botanical medicine
- Homeopathic medicine
- Physical medicine
Health Consultations (60 mins)
An in-depth review of your health concerns and goals, applicable physical exam and naturopathic assessment. Following this consultation, your naturopathic doctor will review and research your case in order to develop a personalized wellness plan before your second visit.
- Laboratory and/or diagnostic testing may be required to acquire accurate and specific information about your health condition.
Second Visit (30-45mins)
Options will be discussed for naturopathic care, specifically tailored to you. It is our doctors goal to always ensure you feel involved in, and empowered to make informed and educated healthcare decisions.
Follow-Up Visits (30-45mins)
Follow-up visits are scheduled to monitor your progress, and, if necessary, to refine and expand your plan of care. Some treatment protocols may involve more regular visits for in-clinic treatments initially. As you regain a sense of vitality, visits will focus on health maintenance and the sustenance of healthy processes through the development of a personalized prevention plan. The frequency of visits will depend on the pace of your progress, the type of therapies you undergo, and the amount of support you require to implement your plan.
Additional and advanced laboratory options may be recommended to provide the most detailed and objective information possible from which to make clinically responsible recommendations.
- Basic & advanced bloodwork via Lifelab
- IgG Food Sensitivity Testing
- Nutrigenomix(r) 45-gene panel
- DUTCH adrenal & sex hormone panels
- SIBO Testing
Laboratory tests requisitioned through Naturopathic Doctors in BC are typically not covered by extended healthcare benefit plans. Where lab tests and pharmaceutical drugs are part of your process, it is common for NDs to work in conjunction with a western doctor who will provide the requisition.